Like I promised in my previous post on Hajong, a preview of the elm client. Here it is:
- Viewing, joining or creating new games in lounge
- Viewing the round state (hand, discards, points). Everything you see above
- Discarding tiles
Needs More Work
There are a lot of places in both the server and the elm client that should be refined, but most of them can wait.
So these are the things I deem most crucial now. Actually, this list should no be also the pre-alpha roadmap:
- Shouting discards (server checks and client)
- Declaring ankan (client only I guess)
- Display open mentsu and ankans
- Show the winning hand after winning
- Show tenpai hands after draw
- Allow setting a custom nick before loading the elm block (currently the nick is fetched from local storage, or a hard-coded default is applied)
- Display player names in the in-game info block
If I missed some really crucial feature(s) above, please let me know. I already noticed that I have overlooked a few architectural quirks because of features I didn’t even know I should build that now must be fixed.
I don’t want to set any deadlines for the pre-alpha but I think it’s safe to assume it will be ready well before christmas… I guess.